[support] SSL Log in with Drupal 7, Pound and Varnish

Olivier Nicole olivier.nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Fri Sep 27 04:16:20 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have an uncommon environment,I am using pound and varnish in front
of Apache (thanks to former site in Plone).

I want to have all the authentication/log in run through SSL.
Securepage module cannot do, because it detects that the Apache server
is not ding SSL. I tried to enable securepage by hand in settings.php
but it resulted in a loop: I am afraid securepage is too intelligent
and doing too much testing rather than simply changing from http to
https.

Any idea how I can solve my problem (beside rewritting any <form that
deals with user login)?

Eventually, pages displayed with https do not load the CSS. I could do
with some help on that too. You could see that at
https://www.cs.ait.ac.th/drupal7/

I apologize if my questions are naive, but it'd my first day at Drupal.

Best regards,

Olivier