[support] SSL Log in with Drupal 7, Pound and Varnish

Dan Horning dan.horning at planetnoc.com
Fri Sep 27 04:36:42 UTC 2013

I have to say that I'm likely clueless on exactly how this pound and varnish would work,  but here's a simple idea that should work

main pound and varnish runs on port 80
and connects to apache on port 8080

ssl pound and varnish runs on 443
and connects to apache on 8081

you should be able to preserve the ssl chain this way.

most applications can work like this using multiple reverse proxy style setups (they need to rewrite the URL requests

if this part works the next step should be to set an ssl URL inside drupal sites/default/config

hopefully that helps, feel free to get in touch directly if you want our help more.

ps. why not drop to another caching server and use something more versatile?
--
Dan  Horning

American Digital Services - Where you are only limited by  imagination.
dan.horning at planetnoc.com ::  http://www.americandigitalservices.com
1-518-631-3611 :: PO Box 201, Cohoes, NY 12047