[support] Node Template Variant

Chris Miller cjm at tryx.org
Fri Sep 27 22:41:58 UTC 2013

Hi Linda,

Yes, I am using D7. I'll try your suggestion, but I have a few administrative details I don't understand. My content type is called "Music", so I assume I'm writing "page--node--music.tpl.php" and possibly "node--music.tpl.php".

Where do I put these so they will survive updates and upgrades?
Where is the best place to start? /modules/system/page.tpl.php and /modules/node/node.tpl.php?

Thanks for the help,

Chris.