[support] Many false applications for accounts

Philip_Wetzel at nhd.uscourts.gov Philip_Wetzel at nhd.uscourts.gov
Tue Apr 8 12:03:14 UTC 2014

That's true.  What I meant is that they have succeeded in teaching
computers to hack
earlier versions of CAPTCHA.  They've had to make the images more and more
complicated.

From:	Walt Daniels <wdlists at gmail.com>
To:	MBR <mbr at arlsoft.com>,
Cc:	"support at drupal.org" <support at drupal.org>,
            support-bounces at drupal.org
Date:	04/07/2014 10:10 PM
Subject:	Re: [support] Many false applications for accounts
Sent by:	support-bounces at drupal.org

Correct! There is no possible fix for hiring real humans to register unless
you have an out of bounds way of telling your friends a secret that they
can supply when asked. It can't be something that the bad guys can find
with an internet search such as the price of gold on Feb 3, 2010. It needs
to something as hard as a hard password. At which point you may as well
just register them yourself and let them recover their password to set it
to something they know.