[support] copying /sites to server

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Fri Apr 11 04:55:16 UTC 2014

I created a draft Drupal 7.26 site on my development pc using the Bartik
theme which I copied to /sites/all/themes and renamed. Renamed the .info
and bartik terms in template.tpl.php, it worked well so I made
alterations to  style, colors and layout.css files. It works well on my
setup.

I zipped the /sites folder and the database, installed drupal 7.26 on
the server, set up the database on the server to have the same name,
username and password.
Renamed the default /sites folder to /xxxsites then unzipped my uploaded
/sites file to replace the original /sites folder. When proven I simply
delete the /xxxsites folder. I have done this process many times
successfully but not with a rejigged Bartik theme.

I have standard modules, ctools, views, colors, and others on my dev
machine which copied across in the zipped /sites folder.

Things seem to work on the server, I can log in to, view and alter the
site. Except the Bartik banner colour which I altered to  grey in my
copy does not display in the server display.
If I switch the server theme back to original core Bartik it displays
the original blue banner which disappears if I try to change colours
from the original blue.

I seem to remember this was a problem in a number of themes, Mayo,
Danland and others quite some time ago but never found a resolution.

I have compared the server css files to my dev css files, I have
compared the .tpl.php files and all are word for word.

I have tried altering the server css code but alterations do not work. I
suspect there is something i have overlooked but do not know what.
Can someone please point me in a direction on how to solve this issue?
thanks in advance
Roger