[support] Example git workflow for drupal 7 projects, with demo

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Apr 28 03:27:47 UTC 2014

Hi all.  I'm a Drupal newbie, but an old hand at git.

In preparation for using Drupal 7 with multiple developers and git,
I'm teaching myself a usable workflow by putting together a
scripted interactive demo that walks through all the steps of setting it
up, creating a feature on one machine, checking it into git,
and deploying it on another machine from git.

Maybe such a thing already exists somewhere, but I haven't seen it,
so I'm publishing mine at
  https://github.com/dankegel/droogflow
Feedback welcome.  Once it's polished I'll try to screencast it.

One of the rough edges is the sample feature I chose to
include in the demonstration, a calendar with repeating event
support.  I have yet to come up with a repeatable recipe for
getting that working.