[support] Upgrade frmo 6.17 to 7.22 messed up my web site

Pia Oliver pia at piasworld.com
Thu Aug 14 16:42:10 UTC 2014

Olivier,

It's not a straightforward upgrade from a version 6x to 7.x; that's a major upgrade. You have to first find out which modules are compatible with version 7.x, what your theme is and whether it's compatible, etc. There is a lot of preparatory work to do BEFORE any upgrade. This will give you lots of very good information <https://www.drupal.org/upgrade>.

You can ask GoDaddy to restore to the version before the upgrade, they do have backups; then read the documentation and figure out what needs to be done before any upgrade is done.

Pia

On Aug 14, 2014, at 2:52 AM, Olivier Nicole wrote:

>> check it in admin panel. it seems to be on the maintenance mode.
>> yoursite/admin/configuration
>
> It display the same thing: http://www.sumantaguha.com/admin/configuration
>
> Site under maintenance
> http://sumantaguha.com is currently under maintenance. We should be back
> shortly. Thank you for your patience.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Olivier
>

>> Sincerely,
>> ----------------------
>>
>> *Juma Ahmadi*
>> *+93(0)77 0424164*
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 1:28 PM, Olivier Nicole <Olivier.Nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a web site, hosted at godaddycom that I am maintening for a
>>> colleague.
>>>
>>> We recently receive an advise saying we should upgrade to the latest
>>> version of Drupal.
>>>
>>> I tried yesterday, using the automatic procedure provided by the web
>>> hosting company, but it messed up my web site.
>>>
>>> First error was about unexisting function file_directory_path in
>>> sites/all/theme/sky/template.php
>>>
>>> I did replace any occurence of file_directory_path by file_default_scheme
>>> in any file I could find. And now my site display "site under
>>> construction".
>>>
>>> What can I do next?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Olivier

<http://www.Piasworld.com>

"That's a great deal to make one word mean," Alice said in a thoughtful
 tone. "When I make a word do a lot of work like that," said Humpty Dumpty, "I always pay it extra."
Lewis Carroll