[support] Estimate for photo competition development

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Tue Feb 4 00:23:27 UTC 2014

The question , to me is, does the site need a CMS or plain html pages.
Anyone can create web sites in dreamweaver in a couple of hours then
walk away from ensuing difficulties.
Most dreamweaver wannabees have no idea of security and couldn't care
less about on going adjustments.
If a site needs content management the the questions - to what extent,
who provides ongoing admin, etc, arise.
Cheap site makers are a dime a dozen, finding them after the fact means
the company didn't look or did look and want to screw you down.
I think you are very reasonable, maybe a little on the light side.
Cheers
Roger

Hi Guys,

Would you kindly let me know if I'm overcharging:

I estimated 30 hours for development of a Photographic Competition for
a private nature reserve (www.jejane.co.za) including graphic work,
etc... @ R400 /hour = total R12,000 (which is roughly $1,100.)

It has 2 separate categories each month.

And I quoted a further 30 hours for maintenance for the year. Or 2.5
hours per month.

This was accepted by the board, but since invoicing there are
complaints that an entire website can be done for R6,000, so why is it
so expensive (huh?)

What would you estimate for a similar development, including graphics
and everything?

Also, It's not really finished, so if you have any comments and
constructive criticism I'd really appreciate any input.

Thanks in advance for any help here.

Kind regards,
--
Jeff Brown