[support] support Digest, Vol 133, Issue 12

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 7 23:09:31 UTC 2014

My apologies for the misleading post.
I put the garland new theme, renamed sandbox, in /sites/all/themes, I
simply neglected to specify the absolute path in my post. I do
understand that core themes are overwritten, thanks anyway.

Unfortunately there is much much more to theming than is apparent in the
Zen guidelines.
Having read the Zen theming guide and others and worked across a number
of issues thus created, I opted for a quick" cop out theme" tool that"
just worked" that I could simply recreate if messed up.

I have studied themes created by other very competent drupal themers and
find few if any comply strictly with W3C guidelines but that is a
problem caused by other issues that I prefer to not comment on. Also,
having worked briefly in RubyOn Rails applications and theming for that
scenario I find Drupal/php theming quite ill conceived and overly
complex. If one understands the RoR framework scenario and applies that
to Drupal instead of just plain CMS, one finds lines along which Drupal
could develop which make site development so much easier.
But that's all very off topic.

Roger