[support] searching for a download file counter

Jim Ruby jim at v-community.com
Wed Jan 8 19:31:31 UTC 2014

I would like a file download counter, but am having no luck using drupal
7.25. Could anyone help or offer advice in this area please?

 Public Download Count
https://drupal.org/project/pubdlcnt
I installed this module, but I see nothing in the public report, it is empty
even after I download files myself. I remember this module in drupal 6 and
it modified the url, and if this is still how it works then I don't want to
use it.

 Track da files
https://drupal.org/project/track_da_files
requires another module that installed, but still never worked after
configuring it to count download for everyone.
Reported installs: 34

File download count
https://drupal.org/project/file_download_count
but there is no documentation, low usages and in the issues there is no help
one thing nice is it will count public and private files.
Reported installs: 85

Download Count
https://drupal.org/project/download_count
If I could some how convert my files from public to private I'd try this
module. my sight and download is public so only reason to convert would be
for this module.

Thank you