[support] Date views

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 14 06:47:07 UTC 2014

I hope someone can help me with Drupal 7 views.

We have a scenario where events have a lot of repeating dates.
For instance, one lot of events may occur every  Wednesday for a year
in various venues or another every third Monday for the year in similar
venues. There are 100+ events held across a 30+ venues in 5 states every
week.
We have many similarly named events and the calendar format is very
cluttered.

I am having trouble creating a view which displays each event with it's
appropriate title,  venue and locality as a heading but shows only start
time and limited from now +up to 7 days. Effectively categorising events
to a venue/state.

Event name, Venue Locality and State are taxonomy terms. States have
many venues. Event name has many venues.

No matter what I do the view shows redundant data - previous dates for
past weeks and future dates for a month or so. And will not categorise
event names to a venue or locality.

It filters on
term from field_event_venue: Field state
title,
field_event_date = now,
Published,
Venue.

Sorted on Date - start date(asc)

Taxonomy
Locality is grouped to State
Venue is grouped to  Locality and to State

Most perplexed
Help is greatly appreciated
Roger