[support] ZipArchive is not working

Swatee Karpe swateekarpe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 02:54:47 UTC 2014

Thanks for replying Jamie.

I tried to use $archiver = archiver_get_archiver($file);

It shows *Exception*: Archivers can only operate on local files: <em
class="placeholder">
http://samplesite.com/sites/samplesite.com/files/testjan.zip</em> not
supported in *archiver_get_archiver()* (line *8091* of
*/sites/drupal7/includes/common.inc*).
Error to me.

Any solution on this?

do u have sample code for this?

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:02 PM, Jamie Holly <hovercrafter at earthlink.net>wrote:

>  If you're using Drupal 7, it would be better to use the built in
> archiver class. It's used in update_manager_archive_extract in
> modules/update/update.manager.inc:
>

> https://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/modules%21update%21update.manager.inc/function/update_manager_archive_extract/7
>

> Jamie Hollyhttp://hollyit.net
>
> On 1/27/2014 2:20 AM, Swatee Karpe wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
>  I am using drupal 7 and I want extract the zip file and save the
> extracted folder into files directory. I am taking zip file from one of my
> content type.
>
>  For this I am trying to use ZipArchive class.
>
>  $zip = new ZipArchive;
>
>   $unzip = $zip->open($filename);
>
>  ZipArchive Object
> (
>     [status] => 0
>     [statusSys] => 0
>     [numFiles] => 0
>     [filename] =>
>     [comment] =>
>
> )
>
>  After printing $zip i get the empty array as above.
>
>  Do any one know why this is not working in my case?
> Or any one know other way to extract file and save it to folder.
>
>  Thanks in advance.
> --
> Swatee Amit Karpe

Thanks & Regards,