[support] Don't allow submit based on value in referenced node..

Wipe_Out wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 10 20:56:55 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have a problem I can't work out how to resolve..

I have a "booking" content type with a reference field to the "customer"
content type.. I want to create an "Account Suspended" checkbox field on
the customer content type so that if a "customer" tries to save a "booking"
and their account is "suspended" it will not save the new "booking".. And
possibly show an error message telling them their account is suspended..

I have looked at all the rules options but the new node always saves even
if you try and redirect the user "before saving content"..

I have also looked at the rules_forms module which doesn't appear to be
able to access the fields in the referenced entity..

So I am a little stuck..

Anyone have any suggestions how to do this?

Thanks..