[support] Drupal 7 - OpenLayers Module - Cannot display GetFeartureInfo from WMS

Jakob Tworek jakob.tworek at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 10 22:16:50 UTC 2014

Hello list,

I'm using the Openlayers module to visualize some geo data (vector data)
that are served by a WMS (Web Mapping Service) from a GeoServer. I've
activated all module that the Openlayers module and the WMS module need.
After configuring some Openlayers layers and maps and the view I wanted to
tune the behaviors of my map by activating the Get Feature Info and the Pop
Up For Feature options. But it don't work. My aim is to display the
shapefiles feature by clicking on it. The base layers and the WMS layer are
displayed quite well but the features of the WMS layers cannot be shown.

After a while I recognized that the Pop Up For Feature behavior option
don't work for WMS-layer. Is this true or do I just have some
misconfigurations?

Searching for a solution I read about the opportunity to display the layers
features in a block - the GetFeatureInfo Result Block- but I did not find
anything about how to configure it.

I'm thankful for any hint and help.

Cheers
Jakob