[support] Restoring from backup / cannot then save nodes as "published" as administrator

Darrell Eifert deifert at hampton.lib.nh.us
Fri May 2 21:40:24 UTC 2014

Hello --

I've been testing our Drupal 6 backups in order to simulate a disk
crash.  I'm using an rsync backup program to transfer everything under
'www' to a Windows network share, including the daily mysql backups
created by the Backup and Migrate module.

When I restore the files to an empty test subfolder inside www, reset
the settings.php, re-install Drupal, and restore the most resent sql
dump from Backup and Migrate, everything looks fine until I attempt to
modify and save any of the pages.  (Note that I am logged in as
administrator).  The pages are saved as "unpublished", and however many
times I select "Published" just before saving the page the status
doesn't change.  Note also that the page comes up in edit with
"Published" unchecked, even though it is published on the production
site.  I've checked, and Administrator does have "administer node"
privileges.

As this is my primary backup strategy, I would like to know some ways of
determining where the problem may lie.

Thanks in advance ...

--
Best,