[support] Drupal 8 how to

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sun Jan 18 00:12:09 UTC 2015

Drupal 8 = $wow.
Have used Drupal 6 and 7 and am building a test events bookings site in
Drupal 8 beta because I am accustomed to models views controllers way of
doing things from Angular and Rails plus the added advantages of HTML5
and CSS3 are obvious.  Creating modules seems easier to me, I never got
the hang of hook_something_alter.

1. Tutorials
I've run into problems with tutorials about creating D8 modules. While
all essentially say the same thing, none actually work, all tuts give
YAML syntax errors.
Where can I get tutorials that actually work and don't shut down the
site? Even the latest ones on Lynda.com seem out of date.

2. Forms
Forms in Drupal can be very long 10-20 fields and difficult to reformat
and no way I can find to reference the form instance id to enable
breaking the form into small field sets.
How can a form be broken into several sections/pages to lead the person
completing the details through a couple of fields at a time?

3. Are there any example tuts for sending payment to a bank without
using ecommerce modules?

Thank you for any assistance, it's much appreciated.
Arel