[support] Drupal 8 how to

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 18 01:45:25 UTC 2015

You aren't going to find any solid tutorials for awhile. Drupal 8 is
still in beta, with a lot of outstanding issues, so things can and most
likely will change. For now the best bet is to look at the modules that
ship with D8, as well as contrib modules that are out there already,
including the ever helpful examples module:

https://www.drupal.org/project/examples

Another great resource is to just keep an eye on Planet Drupal:

https://www.drupal.org/planet

Outside of that, not much more help. Just dive into the code and see
what's going on. A good IDE comes in handy for this (personally I use
PHPStorm, which is really nice with D8 given the Symfony support, but
Netbeans is also a great choice). I say once summer hits, you'll start
seeing a lot more. Even the first D8 book is scheduled to hit the
virtual shelves then:

https://www.packtpub.com/web-development/drupal-8-module-development

Jamie Holly
http://hollyit.net