[support] Another Drupal vs WordPress question

Patrick Avella me at patrickavella.com
Wed Mar 18 17:09:53 UTC 2015

This thread is getting out of hand.

Use what you are most comfortable with, or what your client is most
comfortable with. Usability is mostly familiarity, and this extends to
maintenance + development times for developers. If you have a lot of
experience with drupal but none with wordpress, it will almost always be
more efficient (both in terms of speed and best practice) to build with
drupal. This is also vice versa.

There are very few concrete reasons why to choose one CMS over another as
it all tends to be dogma based. Almost all of them sport similar features.
At the end of the day all that matters is the opinions of your
stakeholders. Exceptions to this are few and far between as all major CMS
have enterprise level services available.

So basically, use what feels right!

Cheers,
Patrick