[themes] Mac IE is no more...

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Wed Dec 28 15:43:11 UTC 2005

andre wrote:
> Bèr Kessels wrote:
>> No-longer-supprted does not mean no-longer used (unfortunately).
>>
>> And don't forget that a lot of Mac(hardware) cannot run anything else
>> then ie5! These people have no choice but to continue on that broken
>> browser.
> I've long ago dropped support for MacIE5 - without a bit of regret.
> Its a shame that some people must be left behind - but even $0.01 of
> billable person/hour time spent developing for that piece of crud is
> too much.  This is glorious news indeed - now I have a better excuse
> than "its a waste of my time" to not support it.
>
> andre
Once or twice, I've offered the client the option -- "Do you want me to
take X amount of hours trying to get the functioning website to work on
this arcane browser that is used by people with machines that are 5+
years old?"

I think anyone still using IE Mac on an old Mac OS machine probably
would not be able to shop online or view many websites already.

Sometimes, just sometimes, the lowest common denominator is just a
smidge too low.

Laura