[themes] So what about a super theme?

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Thu Jan 5 20:03:31 UTC 2006

Op donderdag 05 januari 2006 15:18, schreef Khalid B:
> However, what about freedom? If someone WANTS their site to be obnoxious
> or do not care because they are a techie, then they should be able to do
> that.

In that case, you will have to narrow the term "theme" a lot.
I developed argeebee for a client who wanted a cheap way to allow a huge
amount of styles (which is not a theme).

But the theme, the basis, what shows where and how, is the theme. I spent a
lot of time on that. I am very sure that you will not be able to catch this
power in an admin interface. You will get stuck in an enormous amount of
inconsistent *1 settings and options.

A style, the colors and some basic things like a logo, is easy to manage,
online, but anything  beyond that, is far too technical and hard to had over
to the Joe Averages of your site.

Bèr

*1 Search results still show the username and posted dates even if you
unselect that in the theme. Its a bug, but this happens a lot. Its an
example, one of many.