[themes] Please review comments on page.tpl.php

Heine Deelstra info at ustilago.org
Wed Jan 11 07:53:12 UTC 2006

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 07:52:19 +0100, Kieran Lal <kieran at civicspacelabs.org>
wrote:

>> I think they can all be deleted. Comments either don't add anything or
>> talk about standard programming (if(!$is_front)).
>
> Well what's obvious to some is gold to others.
>
> I made a copy of the page.   I think links to template sub pages is a
> good start.
>
> There seems like a fair amount of worth while code samples on that page
> that have not yet been included.
>
> I'll try to incorporate tomorrow.  You can delete if you want.
>
> Thanks for following through.
>
> Kieran

If you feel it's really necessary to add eg http://drupal.org/node/39891
then I think a short full page on the distinction between $is_front, $page
and $main would be nicer. Something like 'When to use $is_front, $page and
$main'

One can also modify the text on http://drupal.org/node/11816 for main to
read '..True if the node is appearing in a context, like the front page
[added]or taxonomy overviews[/added], where only the teaser should be
shown.

The link to http://drupal.org/node/39891 is probably better of at the
node.tpl.php section (http://drupal.org/node/11816) than at the
page.tpl.php section.