[themes] Re: IE7 Compatibility issue needs your attention

Christian Berg xeniac at gmx.at
Fri Jan 20 18:39:42 UTC 2006

Hello there!
I'm fresh to this list, but don't want to intruduce my self.

Edgard Durand wrote:
> Why do they think the problem is on our side? Unless they are addressing an issue with our themes not adhering to standards, they don't have a valid point.
>
> I suspect this IE7 release will break many sites, just to force people to code in a way only this browser can understand.
>
> My suggestion is that we need to keep ourselves very skeptical about their incompatibility reports and keep focusing on standards. If they want to release a broken browser that's up to them.
>
> Let's see what those supposed incompatibilities are.

The Drupal Theme/Page has some flaws, Tidy gives me this on the
drupal.org Startpage:
Zeile 61 Zeichen 74 - Warnung: unescaped & or unknown entity "&task"
Zeile 61 Zeichen 84 - Warnung: unescaped & or unknown entity "&id"
Zeile 190 Zeichen 54 - Warnung: <wbr> is not approved by W3C
Zeile 195 Zeichen 110 - Warnung: <wbr> is not approved by W3C
Zeile 201 Zeichen 102 - Warnung: <wbr> is not approved by W3C
Zeile 217 Zeichen 1206 - Warnung: <wbr> is not approved by W3C
Zeile 217 Zeichen 1626 - Warnung: <wbr> is not approved by W3C
Zeile 15 Zeichen 85 - Warnung: <link> inserting "type" attribute
Zeile 21 Zeichen 9 - Warnung: <a> attribute "href" lacks value

Also some Pages with have problems on 1024x768.

I know it's Microsoft, but if they really want to commit Bugreports,
Screenshots, workarounds or anything else to make the site better
visible/useable for the upcoming 80% of all webusers.
Why should anyone stand against it. Also IE7 should support the most
Webstandards at startup, so it should be easy to support this little
peace of crap.