[themes] Fwd: [droppies] [General inquiry (other)] Looking for source of theme developers to convert static site

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Tue Jan 24 19:28:46 UTC 2006

I would tend to agree that our support pages are a bit limited in
providing this kind of information. The book pages that list people and
organizations who provide services are limited to people who have
contributed to Drupal, which would exclude me because I've not been able
to get CVS to work and thus have not contributed any themes to the site.
(As a result, most of our referrals come from CivicSpaceLabs.org, where
such restrictions do not exist.)

Despite my other ways of participating in the Drupal community, from
documentation to forums participation to helping find bugs and test
patches, I feel defined out as someone worthy of being listed as a
service provider on Drupal.org.

Maybe this is the wrong list for such a discussion.

Laura

Dries Buytaert wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: editor at tanasijournal.com
>> Date: Mon 23 Jan 2006 17:22:28 GMT+01:00
>> To: info at drupal.org
>> Subject: [droppies] [General inquiry (other)] Looking for source of
>> theme developers to convert static site
>>
>> Valerie Ohle sent a message using the contact form at
>> http://drupal.org/contact:
>>
>> I looked through the site and forums and may have missed it, but I
>> couldn't
>> find a list of people who do customization of drupal for specific
>> projects.
>> I'm not a php-savvy person, but I really think Drupal is the answer
>> to our
>> problems.
>> We're a non-profit organization that publishes a minority newspaper. The
>> newspaper (print version) is new and struggling financially. We feel we
>> need to build a reputation through online access in order to salvage the
>> print version. I looked at all the CMS's I could find. Too many look all
>> the same, and I am extremely concerned about security. I ran PHP-Nuke on
>> the organization site for awhile and got viley hacked twice and a major
>> e-mail exploit once. This project can't afford that.
>> I'd like to find a list of theme developers who can help us migrate our
>> existing static html site (www.tanasijournal.com) to Drupal so my
>> writers
>> (all volunteers) can publish more quickly. We also need to manage paid
>> subscribers, have more than just one banner per page in advertising,
>> etc.
>>
>> Could you direct me to a list of potential candidates?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Valerie Ohle
>> Chairman, Wisdom Keepers, Inc.
>> www.wisdomkeepers.org