[themes] Patches 4.8 - New Theme.

sime info at urbits.com
Wed Jul 12 11:04:40 UTC 2006

Sanduhrs wrote:

>Am Mittwoch, 12. Juli 2006 09:55 schrieb Álvaro Ortiz:
>

>>Would be interesting to organize a public design contest for the new Drupal
>>default theme? There would be a deadline for coming up with proposals, and
>>those would be voted by the Drupal community.
>>

>I like the idea of having a public contest and am shure there are some good
>designers interested in it.
>This could also enrich the theme garden, as other good designs could be
>implemented too, as contrib themes.

There is indeed a theme competition being discussed on groups
(http://groups.drupal.org/theme-competition-administration) but there is
no way that this will give us a stable theme by 4.8.  Dries has said a
new theme can make it to 4.8, but this means the solution needs to be
SUPER-quick because a code freeze hits on September 1.

Hence I'm jumping on contrib as being the source.

I have had another thought about short-listing the themes. I will ask an
admin to tell me which themes are the most downloaded. Put the list up
for scrutiny (ie. kick out the really badly coded ones, if any).