[themes] Dreamweaver CS3 Extension for Drupal Themeing

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Tue Aug 7 20:32:14 UTC 2007

On 8/7/07, Laura Scott <laura at pingv.com> wrote:

> Count me as extremely skeptical that Dreamweaver is anything but a web 1.0tool (my rant on this:
> http://pingv.com/blog/laura/200703/adobes-creative-suite-for-web-1-0 ),
> but I'm certainly happy to be proven wrong.

That's a good point.  Perhaps dreamweaver is no longer the designers tool of
choice.  Anyone have market data?

Personally I don't feel that web design requires a wysiwyg application, but
> what seems obvious is that many people -- and universities -- are resistant
> or intimidated by CSS. I started by hand coding in the early '90s before the
> various web design apps came out, so maybe I'm coming from a different
> place, but learning CSS fundamentals is not rocket science. I feel the real
> design happens in the imagination, and photoshop, illustrator, indesign,
> inkscape, fireworks, etc. All that dreamweaver does is combine the design
> with some auto-generated mark-up, yes? But if dreamweaver can be leveraged
> into making decent markup, that could help a lot of people, it seems.
>
> Is there a proof of concept or proposed architecture for such a project?

http://www.mambosolutions.com/dw_tutorial/#dw_extension

Further up in the thread I alluded to the idea that many people chose Joomla
because it had a Dreamweaver extension.  For an advanced user like yourself
this extension will probably not be helpful.  The question is could it pull
the next level of design talent towards Drupal?

Cheers,
Kieran

Laura

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.