[themes] Dreamweaver CS3 Extension for Drupal Themeing

Peter Apokotos drupal at apokotos.com
Wed Aug 15 23:28:22 UTC 2007

On Aug 15, 2007, at 6:38 PM, Kieran Lal wrote:

> On 8/15/07, Peter Apokotos <drupal at apokotos.com> wrote:
> The extension would make every template and css style-sheet needed
> for a complete theme.
>
> I assume Dreamweaver does CSS today.  Is that correct?

Yes and it already does XHTML 1.0 Strict too.

> Should it pick from a couple solid bases, like Garland and Minetti?

Something similar.   I see mostly frameworks for different types of
designs.

> And it would use an Assistant Interface for the building each theme.
>
> Do you want to use PHP based PHPTemplate or a mark-up template
> language like Smarty or PHPTal?  Our target users are not PHP devs,
> if they have learn PHP it's going to be a problem.

PHPTemplate is the way to go unless the theme method is changing
again D6 like in D5.  And the PHP would be just drag and drop.
There will be a panel for all of the Drupal PHP functions.  And when
you hover over them in Dreamwweaver it will explain what the function
does.

> And have all of the theme template code built in so it would be
> drag and drop.
>
> So we need a library of template files or template functions that
> can be stubbed in.

Correct.  Too bad the theme documentation for Drupal is so poor.  Or
it would allow the developer of the extension to finish it faster but
with all the options of Drupal for each person to create their own
unique theme.