[themes] how to stop a 'view' from showing a field?

sebastian inforazor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 00:56:46 UTC 2009

Hello listers,

Hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I am building a theme and I have little icons that I want to have
appearing when there is a 'File - CCK' field present.

The field is optional in the content-type. I have created a view for the
page that shows the content, and when the file-cck field is empty, it
still shows all the surrounding <div> and <a href> tags, which triggers
my CSS and then I still show the little custom PDF icon; only I want it
to be blank.

When I click on the View for the field: file-cck (generic files)

I only see the options:

- Exclude from display
- Rewrite output field
- Output this field as a link
- Trim to max length
- Link this to its node
- Label [none/drop down]
- Format [generic files]

I can't see from this list any way to have it be conditional; ie: only
display Field formatting [Div+a href] if there is actually any data present.

Thanks for your help, hopefully this is an easy one.
:)

Kind,