[themes] how to stop a 'view' from showing a field?

Ng Chin Kiong ckng at fordrupal.com
Fri Apr 10 09:04:18 UTC 2009

Sebastian ,

You may get better response in support forum.
phptemplate_preprocess_node() should go inside your template.php

Google and Drupal handbook is your friends =)
http://drupal.org/node/223430
http://drupal.org/node/337022

/* this goes into template.php */
function phptemplate_preprocess_node(&$vars, $hook) {
  $node_classes = array();

 // may need to check content of $vars['node']->field_MYFIELD?
  if ($vars['node']->type == "YOUR_CONTENT_TYPE"
&& $vars['node']->field_MYFIELD) {
    $node_classes[] = 'node-no-MYFEILD';
  }
  $node_classes = array_filter($node_classes);
  $vars['node_classes'] = implode(' ', $node_classes);
}

/* this goes in your node.tpl.php */

Cheers,
CK Ng