[themes] displaying a 'View' of a specific content type node?

sebastian inforazor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 19:12:04 UTC 2009

As a follow up to the wonders of Devel, I've identified a function called:

theme_text_formatter_plain()

Which devel could not tell me where it was located...
:(

After some hunting on google, I found that it was in:

/cck/modules/text/text.module

Is it also possible to override the PHP code in a module? When I try and
do so by using:

mythemename_text_formatter_plain() in the mythemename/template.php file,
nothing happens... [ie it still runs the text.module code's version of
the function]

taking a step back, what I am trying to do should be very simple...
I have a cck/text field, i have fckeditor installed. I want the webadmin
to be able to insert HTML like content into it, and have it displayed as
HTML.

Unfortunately the text field's properties [under content-type, edit,
display fields, manage] do not offer HTML output, I only see:

* Plain text
* Filtered text

If I select Filtered text, I get an error on the content-creation page
for the content type in question.

If I select plain text, it converts all of the html to its HTML-safe
escape characters...

If I click 'display fields' sub tab in the content-type's sub edit
pages, I see in the drop down: 'default', 'plain text' and 'hidden'.
default and plain result in no chance of the output.

How can I stop the text field from converting the input into 'plain' or
'safe'?

Thanks again,

Sebastian.