[themes] displaying a 'View' of a specific content type node?

sebastian inforazor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 20:52:12 UTC 2009

> If you were to use views to do this you'd need to set up an entirely
> new view.  You would need to use arguments from the URL to specify
> what node you want to display (probably the node id).  You would have
> to build a link to this view in your taxonomy view.  You would then be
> able to theme your new view . . . and you'd be exactly where you're at
> right now if you just theme the node page.
>
> Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, doing this in views would
> just reimplement what drupal already does.

Hiya, well, one reason for wanting to use Views to display a node is so
that I don't have to re-style all of the horrendous levels of CSS depth
all over again to make the detail [node] page look the same as my
taxonomy-filtered view...

I've started theming the Node view, now that I can affect the output,
and the styling with the CSS is taking hours; and yes, I am using
Firebug for firefox; The entire topology of class names and ID's are
different in the standard node output than in the standard View of
nodes... could in part be due to my own oversight of the
CSS-topology-logic employed, but still... sigh.
:(

Setting up a new View would probably only take me 15 min as that is at
least straight forward, and I can mimic the CSS output exactly... not to
mention use a 'Page' so that I can retain taxonomy links in a different
column; But I still didn't understand from your description how I would
"build a link to this view in my taxonomy view"? How do I link to a View
and pass an argument instead of to a nodes NID page?

Thanks for your help,

Sebastian