[themes] how to stop a 'view' from showing a field?

Ng Chin Kiong ckng at fordrupal.com
Fri Apr 10 05:24:54 UTC 2009

sebastian,
Actually don't need to touch view or view template. The more 'natural' way
is to check it under phptemplate_preprocess_node, if the field's content
does not exist, add an additional CSS class to the node (says 'no-field-A').
This way you theme the node + the view or other ways that you retrieve a
node.

In your CSS, just theme
.no-field-A .field-A {
  display: none;