[themes] Workflow Question

adrinux adrinux at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 12:27:37 UTC 2009

2009/10/24 Tony Crockford <tonyc at boldfish.co.uk>:
> I'm also trying to get my head round how Drupal would choose different
> page layouts
This is probably what you're going to find hardest Tony. Which tpl
files address which bits of the page, when to use a block or a region
or a custom node.tpl and so on. Once you grasp it it's fairly
straightforward I guess, but coming at it new it's confusing - theme
developer module will be your friend (part of devel module).

> - e.g. If I have one for articles one column) and one for
> a form (two column) is that just down to body class?
Well most themes generate body class based on theme features, so for
instance whether a sidebar is output (that often depends on whether
there's anything to go in it).

Then there are regions, defined in the .info file and usually printed
in page.tpl...

> How do you match content in Drupal with different page layouts?
It comes down to what the layout is, and what content drives the
layout - you might do well to take some advice on a particular design
and how best to do it. If you don't want to do that publicly then pop
on irc.freenode.net channel #drupaluk and pm me or get in touch via my
contact page, site link below.
--
Adrian Simmons | http://perlucida.com