[themes] CSS questions I don't seem to be able to find on Drupal.org...

Michael Donahue vbplusme at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 06:54:10 UTC 2011

Hello and greetings,

I am trying to understand the internals of themes and have run into a few
questions that seem to be related. I was hoping to find some enlightenment
from the list. TIA for any replies.

I found references to several classes that I can not find in any .css files
on the order of:  <li class="menu-114">. While I was trying to find the .css
file that contained these class definitions, I notice that in the page
source, in the marinelli theme for example, many calls to css file that have
references attached to them, i.e. links.css?lgkgm7. Can someone explain what
this means? I think the menu-xxx classes are being generated dynamically but
I do not understand where that is happening and it appears to be
inconsistent whether it is defined as a class or as an id in the page code
dumps that I have examined.

Appreciate your attention,

Kindest regards, Michael