[themes] CSS questions I don't seem to be able to find on Drupal.org...

Pooya pooya.source at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 10:00:06 UTC 2011

as far as I know every single element in drupal's got a class and
ID(sometimes). if there's too many calls to css files in source code which
may not be needed, go to admin/settings/performance-->enable Optimize CSS
files. if this options is on all the css files references will be generated
dynamically to a folder like 'files/css' I guess. if It's disabled you can
easily figure out where your own class is - using firebug.
There will be still some classes which are generating automatically, like
first-child,...

Just disable the option when you're developing, and enable it when you're
done to improve performance.

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Michael Donahue <vbplusme at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello and greetings,
>
> I am trying to understand the internals of themes and have run into a few
> questions that seem to be related. I was hoping to find some enlightenment
> from the list. TIA for any replies.
>
> I found references to several classes that I can not find in any .css files
> on the order of:  <li class="menu-114">. While I was trying to find the .css
> file that contained these class definitions, I notice that in the page
> source, in the marinelli theme for example, many calls to css file that have
> references attached to them, i.e. links.css?lgkgm7. Can someone explain what
> this means? I think the menu-xxx classes are being generated dynamically but
> I do not understand where that is happening and it appears to be
> inconsistent whether it is defined as a class or as an id in the page code
> dumps that I have examined.
>
> Appreciate your attention,
>
> Kindest regards, Michael

Pooya Sanooei