[themes] banner frame and logo

Bert Van Kets mailing at vankets.com
Thu Jan 19 08:36:27 UTC 2012

Hi Gabriele,

the "frame" you are referring to is completely defined in the theme.
I suggest you install the FireBug extension in Firefox. You can then go
to the page, right click on the logo and select "Inspect element". A
window will appear at the bottom of the screen showing the html and the
css relevant to the element. The object inspected gets a blue shine. Css
margins get a yellow shine. Check it out, it's pretty easy.
Using the Firebug information you can see which css styling elements and
the file that define the height of the div.
Change the relevant css styling in the file mentioned in Firebug.

Don't forget to refresh the cache to see the changes. You can do this in
the Admin -> Configuration -> Performance menu.

I could write up a few pages on this topic, but that would take me too
far. Try out the above and get back to the list if you encounter problems.

In case you don't know any css or html, you will either have to use a
different theme or make the logo image smaller in a photo editing
application (The Gimp, Picasa, Paint, ...).

Bert