[themes] some questions about themes

Bert Van Kets mailing at vankets.com
Thu Jan 19 08:42:50 UTC 2012

When moving form a straight up html site you will need to copy the
content page by page as there is no application that can decide where
the content is. Besides, you will most likely need to make some styling
changes.
Another reason is that you need to hook up the pages in the menu.

When changing a theme, you just select the new theme in admin. There is
no need for content changes.
The only thing that might be needed is if you added specific theme
dependent styling in the content. Then you will have to put those styles
in a separate css file, copy that file to the new theme and define it in
the .info file. Info files are found in the root of the theme directory
and contain theme specific configurations. Check on out, it's pretty easy.

The migration you are referring to is probably just a migration of a
site from one provider to another without any change to the content.
Generally that means copying the files, dump the database and restore
the database.

Bert