[translations] German translation: a german word for “node”

Konstantin Käfer kkaefer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 13:04:50 UTC 2005

Hello,

in this thread I would like to collect and discuss some translation
proposals for the very central drupal term "node". The literal
translation of that word is „Knoten" but most people don't associate a
piece of content with that word. Because the second much more
important meaning is "knot". The German Wikipedia has an article on
this: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knoten_%28Hypertext%29

Translation proposals for "node":

- Knoten: The literal translation that doesn't reflect the real meaning
- Node: Simply using the original word is not very good in my opinion
- Seite: Can be confused with the page.module as "page" does also mean „Seite"
- Inhalt: Can be confused with "content" which means the same
- Inhaltselement: A somewhat complicated word
- Beitrag: Can be confused with "post"

Does anyone have a better translation for that word?

Regards,
Konstantin