[translations] central space for contrib pos

Alaa Abd El Fattah alaa at eglug.org
Wed Aug 1 10:30:56 UTC 2007

Hi,

working on the Arabic translation, we have a small team of translators
being paid by different projects to translate drupal. we are trying to
do quality control and unify the vocabulary as much as possible (not a
simple task considering how many different people's and nations speak
arabic).

however the requirement to store contrib po's in the contrib module's
CVS directory makes it very difficult to track which modules are
translated and and the whole quality control process becomes very
tedious.

for 4.7 translation we just dumped contrib module POs in the
translations/ar directory

but I'm not sure that's a good idea, I thought about having a
translations/ar/contrib subdirectory or even starting a new project for
Arabic contrib translations (translations/ar_contrib).

so what about you? how do you organize translation of contrib modules?

cheers,
Alaa
--
Alaa: Husband of the Grand Waragi Master

http://www.manalaa.net