[translations] xxx-module.hu files

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Tue May 29 18:19:06 UTC 2007

On Tue, 29 May 2007, Derek Wright wrote:
> On May 28, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Bèr Kessels wrote:
>> How about turning this {$modulename}-{$extension}.{$lang_code}.po
>> into the new, official guideline?
>
> i can't speak to all the details, but pretty please, remember that
> the goal (my goal at least, and gabor is supposedly doing and SoC
> project this summer to accomplish it, so i presume it's his goal,
> too) ;) is to move all translations of contribs out of the "parent"
> contrib module and into their own projects:
>
> http://drupal.org/node/105986
>
> i don't know if it makes sense to have {$modulename}- at the front of
> the filenames if we're already going to have them segregated by both
> module and language.  perhaps it's still useful, in terms of projects
> that have lots of modules within them.  but, just wanted to remind
> everyone this is the direction we are (or at least, should be) moving
> in.

Yes, the modulename still makes sense there if you have more modules. I
tried to point out before that blindly following rules here is not a
really good POW IMHO. Maybe we can formulate better rules for different
situations, but I would like to point out that Drupal 6 supports any kind
of filename which ends in {{$something}.]{$langcode}.po, $something
and the dot being optional, and $something being possibly anything. That
is the hard rule to follow for PO files.

Gabor