[translations] localization server files v.s. translation templates

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Sun Jan 13 22:29:12 UTC 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 8:30 PM, Gerhard Killesreiter <gerhard at killesreiter.de> wrote:
> Erik Stielstra schrieb:
> > Using Gábor's excelent localization server we have completed the
> > Dutch translation of Drupal 6.
> > The filenames of the exported translations do not match the
> > translation templates.
> >
> > For example:
> >    Exported from localization server: aggregator-admin-inc.nl.po and
> > aggregator-module.nl.po
> >    In translation templates: modules-aggregator.pot
> >
> > Can someone confirm that drupal-6 translations must only be uploaded
> > to cvs matching (the file names and source strings of) the
> > translation templates. And therefore we need to transfer the
> > translations to the template files structure.
>
> I've looked at the packaging script. Although it has changed a bit since
> I last worked on it, I think it is ok to say "it doesn't matter".
>
> The only important issues are:
>
> - - There should be a file "general.po" that holds strings used by several
> of the other files.
>
> - - There should be a file "installer.po"

Gerhard does not have the latest information yet. There is a nice
README in the drupal-pot 6.x-rc2 package, which explains that file
naming is indeed important in the Drupal 6 translations. You are not
required to have a general.po or an installer.po file, but you should
use the same names as they are in the drupal-pot project.

I'd suggest that you wait a few days, once I can get to it and
implement the proper exporting code in l10n_server as well, so you can
export proper translation files without any hassle. It should not be
too complicated to implement, but it requires some free time :)

Gabor