[translations] Basic Drupal6 translation questions

Martin Stadler martin at siarp.de
Thu Sep 4 07:18:57 UTC 2008

Hi!

I'm upgrading my project to Drupal 6 and I have a few questions
regarding translations (UI).

So I downloaded a translation from drupal.org and extracted all the
files to their corresponding module directories. Unfortunately, the
German translation is only a release candidate at the moment so there
might be a stable version soon. How would I I update the translation
then?

     "Note that the .po files within a translation package are
imported automatically (if available) when new modules or themes are
enabled, or as new languages are added."

Can I somehow manually trigger a new import?

My project is a kind of Drupal distribution with a few contrib modules
being part of that. I don't use the sites/all/modules directory for
these so the end-user is still able to keep track of her own modules
but putting them in the main modules directory makes it harder to keep
core up to date and to distinguish between core and contrib. So I put
all my contrib modules in a subdirectory (modules/myproject/
contribmodule1). This works great but is this supported by the
translation importer?

Thanks,
Martin