[translations] who would be first to inhibit localize.drupal.org?

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Mon Aug 24 11:22:49 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Erik Stielstra<info at erikstielstra.nl> wrote:
> Ok the Dutch team also joined the server. These were the first steps, lets
> continue...
>
> I like to get a small group working on Dutch translation at l.d.o. We can
> work on existing translations, but will existing translations automatically
> be imported from CVS?

No automated import from CVS will take place. We cannot tell whether
teams have more up to date translations on a translation server or in
CVS, or wherever else. This is up to individual teams to figure out.

> And would it conflict if we would move some
> translations over already?

It should not cause any conflict. Now that you have the team set up,
you can move translations from CVS and/or your translation server.

> When a project translation is completed is the
> (current) workflow to export it and commit it into CVS?

Yes, this is the current workflow.

> Is my understanding
> correctly that translations will, in due time, be removed from CVS?

More precisely, I'd say that .po and .pot files will not be allowed to
be committed to CVS. The old files will be kept for posterity (and
will be kept in the unchanged older packages as well of course). New
Drupal.org generated project packages will not include translations,
but translations will be packaged separately on localize.drupal.org.
Whether this will be on trigger from the translation teams or
automated time-to-time is not yet figured out. We'll have a Drupal 6 &
7 module to automatically download and update translations on Drupal
installations from these packages to make users' life simpler.

This is the plan.

Gábor