[translations] Copyright?

Mori Sugimoto infosource at diasporan.net
Thu Jun 18 10:59:48 UTC 2009

Thanks for the info Gábor. Your argument about originality is interesting.

The reason for asking this question is that one of local user groups in
Japan are planning on setting up a l10n server to facilitate translation
of modules. My aim is to prevent anyone, including the group who will
host the l10n server, from claiming ownership of the fruits of
collaboration.
We have a long history of conflicts among local user groups (sigh) and
people tend to be sceptical when this kind of collaboration effort is
attempted. I would like to wither such scepticism by removing elements
that potentially benefit certain individuals / group so people can hop
in and work together without a concern.

Mori