[consulting] managing many sites

puregin puregin at puregin.org
Tue Dec 13 07:36:37 UTC 2005

This is a totally different approach, but for those of us living in
the Linux
world, perhaps packaging Drupal builds as RPMs (or Debian packages)
would be an option.

This would allow periodic updates on modern systems via yum or
equivalent.   This would handle packaging, signing, pre-install
and post-install actions, etc. asynchronously.  There's still the
problem of outdated modules, but that's going to be an issue with
any approach.  One could specify not to upgrade if a specific
module is too old...

This might also make initial installation easier for people...

Cheers, Djun