[consulting] Successful large enterprise deployments of Drupal

Michael Haggerty mhaggerty at trellon.com
Wed Dec 14 01:09:49 UTC 2005

I would say the same thing if this wasn't coming from the person who makes
the purchasing decisions and has to deal with the lawyers, the vendors, the
IT guys, etc. FUD doesn't go away on it's own, and someone needs to be
making the effort to educate others on it. Would be nice if someone had a PR
budget to put together specific materials, reviewed by legal sources, that
could be handed to a client or their lawyers.

> We need two things
> 1) Well written case studies
> 2) Solid benchmarks
>
> The first can happen pretty easily IMO.  Simply a matter of
> interviewing high profile current users of Drupal (Air America, The
> Onion) and writing it up and posting it to Drupal.org.  The
> second is going to take an engineering budget or a
> resourceful volunteer.
> Michael, I was under the impression you did some benchmarking
> for BetterCa - any chance we could get these compiled and posted?

Case studies and benchmarks are interesting, but limited in that performance
is affected by a huge number of factors specific to the environment. Trellon
is working on something a little more significant which I will talk about at
another time.