[consulting] Successful large enterprise deployments of Drupal

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed Dec 14 16:04:31 UTC 2005

On 12/13/05, Michael Haggerty <mhaggerty at trellon.com> wrote:

Something I am not real hot on right now is clustering. A lot of people look
> at it as the big solution for drupal scalability, but I think it's
> overkill
> until you exceed certain thresholds. For instance, with one of our larger
> sites, we hit over 1 million page views a month using a P4 dual processor
> system with a minimal amount of RAM.

You're right...clustering is not the be all and end all of scalability, but
it does offer other benefits around redundancy and failover. But a single
8-way Sun  box is going to look pretty good, too.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bryght.com