[consulting] Common Request for Tender Requirements

Robert Castelo robert.castelo at cortextcommunications.com
Mon Dec 19 14:53:03 UTC 2005

Most of the request for tenders that I see have about 50% the same
questions, whether it's for a social network or an ecommerce site.

I'm in the process of looking through these request for tenders,
collecting all the common questions, and writing a tender template to
make pitching for these contracts faster and easier.

As part of this process I've created an outline of typical requirements
and how Drupal might meet those requirements. I was wondering if it
might be useful to others to have a handbook page for consultants
featuring the outline and listing other pages in the handbook that are
relevant for each requirement? A quick-start guide for consultants kind
of thing.

This is my list so far:

Platform Support
Scalability
Security & Access Control
Administration Overhead
Auditing
Disaster Recovery
Upgrades
Documentation
Accessibility Legal Compliance

This is also on my list, but not relevant to a handbook page (FYI):

Technical Support
Training
Local User Group

Anything else I should add to this list?

Would the list be useful in the handbook?

In filling in sources of info for each item we're sure to find gaps in
the existing documentation, so should be a useful exercise.

Best regards,

Robert Castelo
Services Manager
Cortext Communications