[consulting] Managing look at feel...

Javier Linares devel at javierlinares.com
Wed Dec 14 18:20:32 UTC 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 08:16:36AM -0800, John Sechrest wrote:
> Would you start developing a theme from scratch?
> Would you use an existing theme and get "close enough"
> Would you outsource a theme design to someone else?

We have tried different models. And the one that works best for us is to
hire a designer to make a TIFF with the design, receive a written ok from
the customer, then pass it to XHTML+CSS and then make the Drupal theme.

That makes the whole process very expensive, but designers here (in Spain)
prefer to begin with a new design and the written ok from the customer is
very important for me. And, also, the customer knows how the final design
of the site will be before you begin to code.

--
Javier Linares     http://interactors.coop | http://javierlinares.com