[consulting] Managing look at feel...

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Dec 14 19:44:41 UTC 2005

Op woensdag 14 december 2005 19:20, schreef Javier Linares:
> We have tried different models. And the one that works best for us is to
> hire a designer to make a TIFF with the design, receive a written ok from
> the customer, then pass it to XHTML+CSS and then make the Drupal theme.

If you want to keep it all inhouse, i recommend inkscape. Its a vector drawing
program.

But becuase it is hundred tims easier then Macromedia or Adobes counterparts
(and free) youll get going with it very quickly.

With vector drawings you can even do Live sessions where you drag around the
boxes and a client(sitting next to you, that is) cna watch all this and give
ideas.

Because vector drawing is so fast and because it is really very easy to change
after a comment, it is an ideal tool for rapid prototyping. or at least to
give the client a feelnig what it all is about.

The magic part is speed. Clients love to nag about that Fsking One Pixel
Corner Shadow for ages (since that is what they grok) and thus holding that
first 90% (done in 10% of time, indeed) up for aaages.

Some resources:
http://kde-files.org/content/show.php?content=31560&PHPSESSID=bbcce16cfa3c149790fcf1d6b955a19e
http://kde-files.org/content/show.php?content=31559&PHPSESSID=bbcce16cfa3c149790fcf1d6b955a19e
(more to follow, i need to clean all these files first)
http://www.inkscape.org/

An advanced example: http://www.webschuur.com/node/185
Ann an example, done in less then 20 minutes:
http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/sympal_huisstijl.png

Now, all we need is a networked version of inkscape, where a client can sit at
his office whatch me draw :)
--
| Bèr Kessels | webschuur.com | website development |
| http://bler.webschuur.com | http://www.webschuur.com |