[consulting] Managing look at feel...

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Thu Dec 15 00:44:49 UTC 2005

In this case, the details for the client are all clearly defined.
A) drupal is already up on one site
B) The other site is a marquis site
C) The drupal site needs to match the "look and feel" of that
   site....

   This is not a client negotiation question, but a business
   process question....

   I agree that the interation look is required in client negotiation.
   And that you just have to build it into your billing process.

   But do you start technically on a full css rewrite from scratch
   or do you try to use existing themes and squish them into
   doing the "right thing"?

Dan Robinson <dan at drob.org> writes:

 % This is exactly our experience.  Even though it is very sub-optimal from
 % an engineering and management point of view (creates a bottleneck at the
 % beginning of the process) it is the process that most customers
 % understand and expect.  In our experience the decisions around what the
 % website will look like are very important (and emotional).  Showing them
 % an "out of the box" design and saying "it will all look different after
 % we finish the themeing" doesn't work.
 %
 % Dan
 %